- A Fresh Start to a Healthier You! is a 3-4 session series for adults.
- Learn to increase fruit & vegetable intake.
- Learn to cook nutritious meals & spend less on groceries.
- Be Well, Live Well is a 5-session series for senior adults, ages 50 years and older.
- Increase physical activity.
- Increase fruit & vegetable consumption.
Maintain a healthy weight!
- Step Up & Scale Down is a 12-week program based on USDA Dietary Guidelines.
- Adults will adopt a healthy eating plan within their calorie requirements to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
Grow a Garden!
- In the Growing and Nourishing Healthy Communities Garden Course six-session series participants learn how to grow fruits and vegetables.
- Start community gardens in your neighborhood.
- How to select a garden location, learn techniques on how to compost, plant and water, and control insects.
- Learn how to cook with produce grown from your own garden.
Walking for Fitness!
- Walk Across Texas (WAT) & Walk N Talk is founded on the popular Extension program Walk Across Texas with a dialogue approach.
- Participants learn how to walk for fitness and how to include more fruits & vegetables in their daily routine. This is an 8-week series.
- Create teams with family, friends, and coworkers to log walking miles.
Kids increase physical activity!
- Balancing Food & Play is a 4-week series that was developed for 3rd graders.
- Learn how to increase physical activity and reduce screen time.
- Learn how to eat more fruits and vegetables and drink less sweetened beverages.
Learn, Grow, Eat & GO!
- A 10-session series developed for 3rd graders.
- Learn gardening skills.
- Learn how to improve fruit & vegetable intake.
Want to learn more?
Contact us for more information about our curriculum. Or, if you or someone you know would like to participate in one of these programs, contact your local county extension office to find a program.