- A Fresh Start to a Healthier You! is a 3-4 session series for adults.
- Learn to increase fruit & vegetable intake.
- Learn to cook nutritious meals & spend less on groceries.
- Be Well, Live Well is a 5-session series for senior adults, ages 50 years and older.
- Increase physical activity.
- Increase fruit & vegetable consumption.
Grow a Garden!
- In the Growing and Nourishing Healthy Communities Garden Course six-session series participants learn how to grow fruits and vegetables.
- Start community gardens in your neighborhood.
- How to select a garden location, learn techniques on how to compost, plant and water, and control insects.
- Learn how to cook with produce grown from your own garden.
Walking for Fitness!
- Walk Across Texas (WAT) & Walk N Talk is founded on the popular Extension program Walk Across Texas with a dialogue approach.
- Participants learn how to walk for fitness. The Walk N Talk program includes two different series: Fruits & Vegetables and Rethink Your Drink. Both of these curriculums span 8-weeks.
- Create teams with family, friends, and coworkers to log walking miles.
Nutrition for Young Teens!
- Choose Healthy is a fun, interactive four-session series geared toward middle-school aged kids.
- The session topics include: MyPlate, Energy Balance (physical activity), Making Nutritious Choices, and Choosing Healthy Drinks. The series has an optional fifth session about Reading the Nutrition Facts Label.
- Adapted from Ohio State University Extension.
- The Color Me Healthy series consists of nine sessions for preschool aged children.
- Through music, color, and exploration of the senses, children learn that nutritious foods and physical activity are fun!
- Developed by North Carolina Cooperative Extension and North Carolina Division of Public Health.
Kids increase physical activity!
- Balancing Food & Play is a 4-week series that was developed for 3rd graders.
- Learn how to increase physical activity and reduce screen time.
- Learn how to eat more fruits and vegetables and drink less sweetened beverages.
Learn, Grow, Eat & GO!
- A 10-session series developed for 3rd graders.
- Learn gardening skills.
- Learn how to improve fruit & vegetable intake.
Want to learn more?
Contact us for more information about our curriculum. Or, if you or someone you know would like to participate in one of these programs, contact your local county extension office to find a program.